Wednesday, November 7, 2012

PnP - Box Art Cover Process

I decided to try something new for my cover...here are some shots with my progress:

Started with remotely thick strokes trying to shape up the overall composition. The bridge/structure thing was kind of...interesting at this point.



I really wanted to get some dude falling into the flames-- but this...just looked silly. I started to darken up the scene more. Tried to get more fire going and make use of that...bridge structure. It wasn't working out for me, though.

Took the bridge structure off and darkened the sky some more. Got a nice sort of...smoky thing going, maybe? Kind of fixed the fire a bit.

The falling dude looked too silly where he was, so I kicked him to the curb (heh) and worked on the rocky cliffs in the background

Added a different falling guy that was...pushed by some other guy. More people in the background sort of watching the scene but...they look kind of odd

Added textures made the people in the corner look less awkward and hidden. Slapped the title on it up on the top left corner (I didn't want to obscure the dude falling into the flames of the cliffs...!). This one went on the box cover. I don't know what possessed me to think that was a good idea.

Added the quote and my name but I really need to just move my name up under the title...Although it kind of obscures part of the cliffs. I am conflicted....! This is what I ended up using for the instruction manual, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment