Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Fool's Journey - Updates before final faculty crit

Iterating non-stop on my animatic. We had to reshoot the audio. Some of my own shots could be better but ah, the struggle is real.



One thing I can say for sure is I am SO glad I went for the GDC panels on directing voice acting because that made the whole process go by SO much more smoothly!

Shoutout to Kanra, Death's voice actor, for putting up with me to make sure we get the clearest reading going!

Change log:
Used a cut instead of zoom at 530
Logo added at the end
Cut to door closing (eliminated her walking towards the door)
Hold on electric chair
Cut one frame out and held longer for shots before electric chair 1583 1660
Updated VO to match character more + more instances of "calm down"

To-Do:
Add another shot exploring sequence (possibly ladder switch)
Add map HUD for 960 and 1290

I mean technically probably more than that but those are THE main concerns. I will likely also update the security camera hud. A simple "REC" feels so lazy. I'll throw in a few more lines or something.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good man! =D Can't wait for the finish product! Also I actually like your voice as a character.... o.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, buddy! That means a lot to me!
    Haha, I'm glad you like my voice acting. I tried to be as dorky/unsurely somewhat afraid as possible. Voice acting is hard!

    ReplyDelete