Thursday, October 25, 2012

PnP - Playtesting

Last class we got to playtest our PnP games.



In my case, well....the way I worded my rules was certainly too complex (why must I be so wordy? Even now, I will probably continue to be rather wordy). At least for the two that got to play. It took me just about forever to explain the point of the first phase....collecting the gems. We didn't really even get to move on to the attack phase. Tragedy.

So far, the people that have...gotten along with the rules have been those with a certain background in terms of gaming, I guess? A lot of puzzle adventures and story-telling heavy games. Even those that haven't ever really played the games I was mostly inspired by, seemed to get it so this is rather...confusing! At any rate, let's move on to the form...

Playtest Form:

  1. Does it make sense to play with two d20s and one d10? Should I narrow it down to three d6s?
  2. How do you feel about having to roll two "summons" to be able to summon? Is that too challenging?
  3. Does it make sense to have arrows on the paths? Why?
  4. Was there enough interaction between players?
  5. On a scale of 1-5, how much fun is the game? (1 = terrible, 3 = So-so, 5 = Excellent)

No comments:

Post a Comment