Thursday, January 17, 2013

Theme

My level is based on Tanabata-- a Japanese festival celebrating the meeting star-crossed lovers: Orihime (Vega) and Hikoboshi (Altair) separated by the Milky Way (a river made of stars in this case). These festivals often take place outdoors after the stars have come out at night-- and I'm planning on making mine by a small village at the edge of a valley, surrounded by mountains, making the roads mostly made up of stone and dirt. My concept statement is "Lose not yourself in a far off time, seize the moment that is thine."



Ideally, there'd be plenty of trees around from which to hang paper cranes, paper kimonos, paper strips with wishes written on them and streamers. The main row would be lit up with paper lanterns.


This is the color scheme I'm going for:


Map & Stunt:

For my stunt, I'm going for an area of bamboo that's being pushed over by falling demon rocks from the valley. Also a ramp at the very end of the track that gains the player big air time and lands them right back on the start.


No comments:

Post a Comment